Thursday, May 3, 2012

Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Blurb:

In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

My Thoughts:

 Wow, so I definitely understand what all the fuss what about. Divergent was awesome! This is the kind of book I want to push on all my friends! I've already told my boyfriend he needs to read it and strategically placed it on his nightstand. I'm dying to read Insurgent now!

Fangirl gushing aside, this book really was awesome. I was sucked right into Tris's world and I feel like Tris is a friend. I rooted for her throughout and stood in awe of her when she did things I'm not sure I could have done.

Four was also amazing. I thought his character was well done and believable. No sickenly perfect boys here! Four was real and believable and all-around awesome! The secondary characters were well done as well. I liked Christina and Caleb and Tris's parents.

My absolutely favourite part of this book was the world. I love dystopians, but I thought Divergent was especially well done. The structure of the factions, the lack of a cohesive society between the factions, the factionless as second-class citizens; I loved it all.

I also loved the non-stop action. From the Choosing Ceremony to the finale, I was always dying to know what happened next! Speaking from experience, this is not a good book to start reading right before final exams!

The blurb from goodreads seriously does not do it justice!

On the Cover:

 I like the cover. The symbol really catches your attention and it's a nice change from the 'girl in a dress' covers I've been seeing lately.

Favourite Character:

 Tris! She was so awesome, brave and all-around badass!

Rating: 5 Hearts!


Source: This book was purchased for my personal collection.

Where to Find It: Goodreads | Amazon | Kindle | The Book Depository

Stalk the Author: Goodreads | Website | Twitter

Bonus: You can take the faction test on Facebook. I was Dauntless. Very surprising. I always thought I would be Erudite. Or Amity, except I picked the knife because I'm a chicken. Wait, I'm Dauntless? Oh dear.

Don't Just Take My Word For It: Burning Impossible Bright | The Daily Prophecy | Novel Heartbeat

1 comment:

  1. Awesome book and awesome review!! I can't wait for you review of Dearly, Departed :)

    New Follower here.

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete