Saturday, November 24, 2012

Megan Likes (New) Books (9) / Reading Through My Bookshelf (7)

Megan Likes (New) Books

Megan Likes (New) Books is a personalize weekly meme inspired by In My Mailbox, Stacking the Shelves and Book Haul where I show off the new books and bookish items I've received lately.



For Review:

The Pineville Heist by Lee Chambers - Thanks to Smith Publicity!


A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan - via Netgalley - Thanks to Tor Publishing!

Won: 

Splintered Swag - Thanks to author A. G. Howard

Dualed bookmark - Thanks Megan at The Book Galaxy

Horrid Henry's Monster Movie by Francesca Simon
Horrid Henry and the Zombie Vampire by Francesca Simon
A Bad Day for Voodoo by Jeff Strand
Picture the Dead by Adele Griffin and Lisa Brown
A big thanks to Sourcebooks and Jenni at Alluring Reads for these beauties!

Bought:

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Free:

Verita by Tracy Rozzlynn
Fast-Tracked by Tracy Rozzlynn

*   *   *

Last Weeks Status: 59
Incoming Books: 9
Books Complete: 1
Current Status: 67

9 comments:

  1. Book buying bans... haha. Natural History of Dragons sounds cool, mainly because I love dragons. I haven't read Unearthly yet, mainly because I haven't had the best experience with the last books in two angel series. I actually loved the books, and then the last one came out and I was just like "uhh...." Anyways, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    What local discount store? I want to go check it out even though I already have too many books I have to read, HAHA.

    Hope you get better soon, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel books aren't always great for me either, but this one seems pretty good so far!

      The store is The Book Cellar in HUB Mall at U of A. It's so worth it! The YA books are $0.99 and the hardbacks are $2.99. They seem to get a lot of HarperCollins titles.

      Delete
  2. Awe, it's okay to break your ban sometimes, especially since you're sick (I'm totally enabling you haha). ;) Oooh, you picked up some awesome books this week, Megan! :D The Book Cellar?? I'm guessing that's where you went! I'm going to have to go check out what they've got if they have new stuff. :D
    I loved Unearthly, so I hope you enjoy it, too, and all your other purchases this week are ones that I want to read too. Hopefully they're good ones. ;)

    I actually like you hair, even if you called it your messy, sick hair. :P haha

    Boo Boo Stewart. :P He doesn't show up until the second movie. I haven't heard of The Pineville Heist, but I hope you like it. :)

    Thanks for sharing. I hope you feel better soon, Megan! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Book Cellar! I need to stop going there! They got a bunch of new HarperTeen books. The new ones are all on the floor.

      Delete
    2. Oooh! I'm gonna have to go there some time this week! :D Maybe on Wednesday after I've handed in two of big final papers. ;D

      Delete
  3. Aww Splintered swag! I loved that book! :)) And how freaking gorgeous is the cover! Also I hope you like Incarnate and The Selection! Those are more pretty covers too LOL! I personally loved The Selection!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Ashley @ Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Selection! I liked that one -- it wasn't love, but it was a fun read. :) I'm now trying to not buy books ... it's tough and I try to do it ALL THE TIME, but I'm hoping the job at the library helps me stick to it. :)

    Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for all the great winnings! Happy the prize pack made it to you so fast. I really liked the Horrid Henry ones, they were a lot of fun. I haven't read The Selection but I can say that it is very pretty! I hope you enjoy all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh so many great reads here! I haven't read Splintered because it expired on NetGalley, but I'm hoping to get it when it comes out. I liked the Selection, but it wasn't too exciting. I hope you enjoy all your new books.
    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves Book Haul

    ReplyDelete