Monday, August 19, 2013

Review: Streams of Silver

 
Info:

Title: Streams of Silver
Author: R. A. Salvatore
Series: The Icewind Dale #2; The Legend of Drizzt #5
Publisher: Wizards of the Coast
Publication Date: June 23, 2009 (originally published 1989)
Source: Purchased by my boyfriend



Synopsis:


Dark elf Drizzt Do’Urden struggles with his own inner voices that call him back to the pitiless depths of the Underdark. But louder still are the voices of his newfound friends, and the dream that drives Bruenor Battlehammer on to reclaim Mithral Hall. Told to turn back, they fight on - together.



Review:


That's right blogger friends! It's time for another random hardcore fantasy review. Mostly because I promised my bf I'd read this series (although I didn't specify a speed).

The Legend of Drizzt series stays strong with this installment. In fact, this one might be my favourite so far due to the feels, especially at the end.

I feel like we got a lot closer to the secondary characters in this book, especially Bruenor, Wulfgar, Cattie-Brie and Regis (my personal favorite). We also meet a new character in Artemis Entreri. He is a nasty piece of work and I totally love him as a villian. He is ruthless and no-nonsense and a perfect assassin.

Overall this was an excellent addition to the series, with a bit more focus on secondary characters.




Find the Book:


Goodreads | Amazon | The Book Depository



Find the Author:


Goodreads | Web | Twitter 

Also, I thought it was worth sharing the oh-so-old-school 1980's cover.


1 comment:

  1. I adore R.A. Salvatore, and the Drizzt books! Have you read The Companions yet? It's the latest one, and Regis is my favourite in that book.

    And wow, I forgot how early on it was that Artemis Entreri showed up!

    ReplyDelete