Thursday, February 20, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Introvert or Extrovert



Life of a Blogger is a weekly feature hosted by Jessi of Novel Heartbeat. Each week, we share a little about ourselves and our real lives so we can get to know the people behind the blogs!

This week's topic is Introvert or Extrovert. This one was certainly easy for me. I am definitely an introvert. I need time to myself and spend a lot of time inside my own head. I'm definitely on the shy side, mostly because I don't want to say anything unless I'm comfortable that it's the right thing to say.

This doesn't mean I don't like people! I love spending time with my friends (real life and all of you online). But I like to have some time to myself and I'm not the best at small talk. Somehow, my last two jobs have involved talking on the phone a great deal. I actually dislike talking on the phone and occasionally completely plan the conversation before calling. I think I end up working in the jobs that I do because I like challenging myself and improving. And I honestly think I have improved myself and my social anxiety has really improved.

Wow, this Life of a Blogger felt way more serious than the last ones, which is kind of nice. What about you, dear readers? Are you an Introvert, an Extrovert or a bit of both?

11 comments:

  1. I think most of us readers are introverts, because reading is something you do alone and quietly :p I definitely like to keep things to myself and I love 'me-time' I really like spending time with others, but if I can choose between a party or reading, I pick the last option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Introvert, homebody, and online chatter...yep. I do love to engage with people but need small doses and avoid crowded places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the exact same way Megan! I work from home so I'm definitely a homebody, and sometimes the only people I talk to during the day besides my husband are my fabulous online friends. And my dogs ;-) I'm not great a small talk either, and I fear awkward silences so normally I just blurt out something random and then immediately want a hole to open up in the floor and swallow me:) Super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty introverted, but sometimes I'm pretty good at acting the extrovert. ;) haha I'd say I definitely spend most of the time in my own head though! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so relieved to read that I'm not the only one who's a mix between introvert and extrovert! Sometimes I feel very outgoing, and I just want to talk to everyone, but other times I just want everyone to leave me alone. I completely get what you mean. (: There's a right time and place for everything—even socializing.

    Tori @ YA Book Queens

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an Introvert for sure. I'm shy around others and I like having time to myself, but at the same time I like the company of others, even if I just watch conversations until I'm comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know ... I'm definitely extrovert when I'm around people and in social situations, but I also like to have plenty of a lone time. I think I'm both, just depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too! I am definitely an introvert and I can really relate a lot to planning phone conversations beforehand.

    Just discovered your blog today, yay! New GFC follower :D

    My Life of a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely an introvert. I love to be inside my own head, with my own thoughts, rather than around other people. Ha ha ... how sad does that sound? I'm also such a homebody ... I love being around home instead of going places. I'm kind of glad that having a baby has forced me outside the home more often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same exact way! I'm TERRIBLE at small talk and I like a lot of solitary time.
    "I actually dislike talking on the phone and occasionally completely plan the conversation before calling." OMG I thought I was the only one that did this! I despise talking on the phone, and when I have to talk to clients at work I have to think about what I'm going to say first so I don't sound like a moron >.<

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am an introvert too! It's awesome that you've improved because I actually suck at socializing. There are those people who are just completely smooth with their words and I am NOT one of them

    ReplyDelete